Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, meat pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
A great deep dish meat pie made with potatoes, carrots and peas in a rich gravy. Lamb chicken or pork can be used in place of beef. A great recipe for leftover meat! Fill with the meat mixture, then top with the other pie crust.
Meat pie is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Meat pie is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook meat pie using 17 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Meat pie:
- Prepare For d dough
- Make ready 8 cups flour
- Make ready Pinch salt
- Get 1 simas butter
- Take 1 sachet Cold water
- Make ready For d filling
- Take 2 medium Irish potatoes
- Take 2 medium carrots
- Get 500 g minced meat
- Make ready 1 medium onion
- Take 2 cooking spoons vegetable oil
- Take 2 maggi cubes
- Get 1 teaspoon thyme
- Get 2 tablespoons plain flour
- Take 1 cup cold water
- Prepare to taste Salt
- Get 1 egg
The pie came out tasting almost exactly like the ones we used to make! I added a pinch more salt and a little allspice to the recipe, also a teaspoon of poultry seasoning along with the sage that this recipe called for. I have saved this recipe and will continue the old tradition of meat pies for Thanksgiving and New Years Eve. Some time ago, when I was working at a newspaper, a co-worker happened to bring a meat pie for lunch.
Steps to make Meat pie:
- For the filling. Peel the Irish potatoes and scrape th carrots, wash and cut these two into tiny cubes.Wash and slice the onions into tiny pieces.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pot, add the diced onions and stir for a bit, add the minced meat and stir till the minced meat turns pale.
- Add 1 cup of water, maggi cubes and thyme. Cover the pot and once the contents of the pot starts boiling, add the diced carrots and potatoes and cook till everything is well done.
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons of plain flour half cup of cold water and add to the meat pie filling.add salt to taste.stir the contents an turn off the heat.
- Set the meat pie filling aside.
- How to do the dough
- Put the 8 cups of flour in a sizeable bowl add 2 teaspoons of baking powder and 2 pinches of salt.
- Now, start adding cold water in bits while at the same time folding the mixture till a stiff ball of dough is formed.
- Knead the dough very well, put back it the bowl and leave to rest for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cut, Fill, Fold and Close - Set your oven to 170°C (335°F) and leave to preheat while you continue with the meat pie. - Rub margarine on the insides of the oven tray and set aside so as not stick to the tray during baking. - Break the egg, beat it and set.
- Knead the dough some more, roll it out to achieve a 5mm thickness make a - round cuts on the rolled out dough. - Remove the excess dough, leaving behind the round cuts. - Scoop some meat pie filling into the center of the round cuts.
- Fold one part of the dough to meet the other end and use a fork to press the 2 edges together to close tightly.
- Continue this cut fill and fold until the dough is finished.
- Rub the egg on the meat pies. - Set the tray in the preheated oven an bake for 30 to 40 minutes baked on medium heat. The meat pie is done when it starts brown
- Serve and eat
I have saved this recipe and will continue the old tradition of meat pies for Thanksgiving and New Years Eve. Some time ago, when I was working at a newspaper, a co-worker happened to bring a meat pie for lunch. The aroma was familiar to me, and I asked for a taste. To my amazement, it was the same pie my grandmother used to serve when I was a youngster! I copied the meat pie recipe, and I have been enjoying it ever since. —Rita Winterberger, Huson, Montana Heat a large skillet over medium heat, then add olive oil and ground beef.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food meat pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!