Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, crock-pot beef pot roast. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Browse & Discover Thousands of Cooking Food & Wine Book Titles, for Less. Find Slow Cooker Roast Recipes Beef. Find Slow Cooker Roast Recipes Beef. Put potatoes, carrots and onion on bottom of crockpot.
Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook crock-pot beef pot roast using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast:
- Prepare 2-3 lbs Boneless Blade Roast or Chuck Roast (Trimmed)
- Get 2 Medium Onions Quartered or Coarsely Chopped
- Get 6 Cloves Garlic Minced
- Get 5 Sprigs Thyme
- Take 2 lb Yukon Gold Potatoes Peeled & Diced 1-2" Cubes
- Take 4 Large Carrots or One Bag Baby Carrots Cut into 1" Pieces
- Prepare 32 oz Carton Beef Broth (use less if you like less gravy)
- Get 2 Tbs Dijon Mustard
- Make ready 1 Tbs Brown Sugar or Coconut Sugar
- Make ready 2 Tbs Organic All Purpose Flour
- Take 4-6 Beef Bouillon Cubes or 4-6 tsp Bouillon Powder
- Take 1 Cup Red Wine
- Take 1 Bay Leaf
- Get 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- Prepare Salt
- Make ready Pepper
- Make ready Garlic Powder
I put the roast right from the searing pan into the crock pot on top of the veggies and let it rest in there instead. Put roast in crock pot and empty soup mix on the top of the meat. The soup acts as a meat tenderizer. Sprinkle your onion soup mix on top of your roast and your mushrooms on and around it.
Steps to make Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast:
- Season all sides of Beef Roast with Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder. Season to your taste.
- Heat Olive Oil in skillet over Medium to Medium High heat. Brown all sides of roast. Place Roast in a large Crock-Pot.
- On top of Roast, layer in Onions, Garlic, Potatoes, Thyme, Carrots, Bouillon Cubes, and Bay Leaf. Pour in Red Wine. Add some Salt and Pepper. Remember, the Bouillon adds a lot of Sodium, so you won't need as much Salt.
- In a separate cup or bowl, pour in around a cup of the Beef Broth. Add in Flour, Dijon, and Brown Sugar. Whisk until mixed. Pour into Crock-Pot along with the rest of the Broth.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the vegetables are soft and the gravy has thickened. The longer it cooks, the better. Taste for seasoning, and add more if needed. Remove Bay Leaf and Thyme Stems, before serving.
The soup acts as a meat tenderizer. Sprinkle your onion soup mix on top of your roast and your mushrooms on and around it. Use a pair of scissors to cut the netting off and toss it. Next, use a very sharp, meat knife to slice your crock pot roast beef. If you want it to have a "fall apart" texture, cut against the grain of the meat.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food crock-pot beef pot roast recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!