Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, dhokla. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Find The Best Deals On Flour Dhokla And Save Money. Dhokla is a vegetarian culinary dish that is found mainly in the Indian state of Gujarat and parts of adjacent states. It is made with a fermented batter derived from rice and split chickpeas. Dhokla can be eaten for breakfast, as a main course, as a side dish, or as a snack.
Dhokla is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Dhokla is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have dhokla using 29 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Dhokla:
- Prepare For Dhokla
- Make ready 11⁄2 cup Baisan (gram flour)
- Take 1-11⁄2 cup Water (lukewarm)
- Make ready 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- Prepare 2 Tbsp Semolina (sooji)
- Take 2 Tbsp Oil
- Make ready 1 Tsp Caster Sugar
- Get 1 Tsp Salt
- Make ready 1 Tsp Ginger crush
- Get 1 Tsp Green Chillies chop
- Make ready 1-2 Sprigs Dill (soya)
- Prepare 1-2 Tbsp Fresh Coriander chop
- Make ready Pinch Termuric
- Prepare Pinch Orange Food Colour
- Prepare 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- Make ready 1 Tbsp Wate
- Take For Bhagar
- Take 2 Tbsp Oil
- Get 2 Tbsp Lemonjuice
- Make ready 1 Tsp Mustard seeds (rai dana)
- Get 1⁄2 Tsp Caster Sugar
- Take 1⁄4 Tsp Salt
- Get Pinch Asefotida (heing)
- Prepare Few sprigs of Curry pata
- Make ready 2-3 Green Chillies
- Make ready 1-2 Red Chillies
- Take 1 /2 Tsp Ginger julians
- Make ready sprigs Few Dill
- Make ready Fresh Coriander chop
It is sometimes served at breakfast like coffee cake, often with tamarind and mint-coriander chutneys. Some prefer to make sandwiches of it with chutney in between two slices of Dhokla. Ingredients in Gujarati Steamed Dhokla Recipe: This dhokla recipe is made with besan, however you can also make it from Suji. A besan batter consisting of citric acid, salt and turmeric is mixed.
Instructions to make Dhokla:
- Assemble ingredient.chop ginger & green chillies.sift baisan nicely.
- Add sooji,salt,sugar,haldi,food colour in baisan & sift.add lemon juice & oil in baisan.
- Add chop ginger,green chillies,fresh coriander in baisan.add lukewarm water in baisan slowly & mix it well in 1 direction till all baisan is mixed & smooth batter is formed of medium consistency. Not too thin, neither too thick.
- Cover and keep aside for 10-15 min. Grease a baking tin with oil throughly.i have taken round cake tin. You can take any shape you like.
- Place a big pot at stove.keep a dish stand inside pot.fill water in pot less than half of depth.so as to reach half of tin but do not overlap tin. Neither tin should float in water. You can use steamer if you have. Let the water boil.
- After resting time.take out baisan batter bowl.mix it again.now mix baking powder in 1 Tbsp water & add to dhokla batter.mix gently.do not add baking soda directly in baisan as it puffs up instantly & proper mixing can not be attained which can result in flattened or hard dhokla.
- The batter will piff up instantly as baking soda is added in it.give quick stir for 3-4 min.this will help in airation & proper rising of dhokla.
- Pour puffed up batter in already greased mould.
- Place the mould inside big pot at the dish stand.water should be boiling at this time.keep the heat medium.water level should reach half of tin & it should not float in water cover the pot.
- Let it steamed for 35 -40 min.first 20 min at medium flame than at low heat.dhokla should leave the sides of mould as it started to cook properly.do not open the lid again & again.if you feel that water level is low inside then you can add some more hot water inside pot.
- After 35 min check dhokla.insert a toothpick inside it,if it comes out clean it shows that dhokla is cooked.close heat let it rest for 10 min.then take out from mould by just turning mould upside down at plate.
- Prepare bhagar.heat oil in pan,add heing in it.add raidana.let it pop up.
- Add chop ginger julians,cut green + red chillies length wise. Add to pan
- Add currypata.fry for a minute. Add water in pan.lower the flame add salt,caster sugar & lemon juice.let it cook for a minute or 2.till salt & sugar dissolve & shiny glaze appear in bhagar.
- Take out dhokla in platter, add bhagar over it. Serve it with green chutney,lemon wedges, garn8sh with soya & fresh coriandar & enjoy with cookpad.I have cut dhokla in cookpad logo shape. You can cut in squares or triangle,any shape you like.
Ingredients in Gujarati Steamed Dhokla Recipe: This dhokla recipe is made with besan, however you can also make it from Suji. A besan batter consisting of citric acid, salt and turmeric is mixed. Dhokla is a steamed lentil cake made with ground, fermented batter made of bengal gram (chana dal), rice and curd (yogurt). It is also called vati dal dhokla or vati dal na dhokla. It is a very popular snack from Gujarati cuisine.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food dhokla recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!