Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, curry chicken - caribbean style. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Curry Chicken - Caribbean Style is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Curry Chicken - Caribbean Style is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook curry chicken - caribbean style using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Curry Chicken - Caribbean Style:
- Take 4 lbs chicken (thighs and legs skin off)
- Make ready 4 medium size potatoes roughly chopped
- Make ready 3-4 tbsp veggie oil
- Get 1⁄2 c water
- Take 2 tsp salt
- Make ready 2 tsp black pepper
- Take 2 garlic cloves diced
- Make ready 1 medium onion (diced)
- Take 1 large tomato
- Take 3 scallions chopped
- Make ready 3 sticks fresh thyme
- Make ready 4 tbsp ketchup
- Get 3 tbsp Amchar Massala (I use Chief brand)
- Make ready 4 tbsp curry powder (I use Blue Mountain Jamaican Hot)
- Take 1 scotch bonnet (a.ka. Jamaican Pepper)
Steps to make Curry Chicken - Caribbean Style:
- In a large mixing bowl combine your chicken, 1⁄2 your chopped onion, fresh thyme, chopped scallions, salt, pepper, tomato, ketchup, amchar massala and your chopped up scotch bonnet.
- Mix ingredients in the bowl by hand thoroughly and then cover. Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours and let marinate.
- Place your large Dutch pot on the stove and turn heat on high and let pot hot.
- Lower the heat to medium and add your veggie oil and the rest of the onion and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes (be careful not to let your garlic burn)
- Add your curry powder and stir for an additional 3 minutes to cook the raw curry taste.
- Add 1⁄4 cup of water and continue to stir. - - You should notice that the liquid in the pot is cooked off and the curry is forming somewhat like a paste.
- Begin adding your marinated chicken. Turn the heat up to medium high.
- Stir the chicken to coat the pieces with the curry.
- Place the lid on the pot for about 15-20 minutes. About 8 minutes in, check and stir the chicken. Recover with lid and let cook for the remainder 15-20 minutes.
- After the 15-20 minutes add your potatoes and the rest of the water. Turn your heat up to high and bring to a boil. Place the lid half way on to cook off some of the liquid.
- Chicken curry is done when meat begins to fall off the bone and a nice gravey forms. - - Note - you can add more water if needed for gravey.
- Serve with a side of rice and a wedge cornbread. Enjoy……
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food curry chicken - caribbean style recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!